Controller of the data processing on this website in the sense of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Science Campus Braunschweig-Süd
38124 Braunschweig – Germany
Tel.: (+49) 531-481170-0
The following information provides you with an overview on the data processing on our website, the legal basis thereof and your rights under the GDPR.
When accessing our website, our system automatically processes data and information from the accessing computer system. The following data are obtained:
• User’s IP address;
• Date and time of access;
• Website from which you have accessed our site (referrer URL);
• Subsites you visit on our website.
These data are recorded in our system log files. They are not recorded together with any other of your personal data.
The legal basis for the short-term recording of these data and the log files is Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. f) GDPR. The short-term recording of these data is necessary for providing our website to your computer system. For this purpose your IP address has to be recorded for the duration of the session.
Your data will be deleted once they are no longer required for pursuing the purpose, i.e. after the end of your website session.
3. Contact form and email
If you contact us by e-mail or contact form, the information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing the request and for possible follow-up questions. We will not transfer your personal data to any third party without your consent.
The processing of the information you provided to us via email or consent form will be processed on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. a GDPR). You may withdraw your consent at any time. We may not continue any data processing solely based on such consent withdrawn. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. In case your inquiry relates to concluding a contract, processing of your personal data is also based on Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. b GDPR.
Your personal data submitted by contact form or email will be retained by us until you ask us to delete your data, withdraw your consent or the purpose of the retention is achieved, e.g. your inquiry has been answered, unless any applicable legal provisions, in particular according to German commercial or tax law, stipulate a longer retention period.
4. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA („Google“). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA. For these cases Google has submitted itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
You can opt-out the use of Google Analytics by installing the “Google Analytics opt-out browser addon”.
The retention of Google Analytics cookies is based on Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in analyzing our user’s behavior in order to optimize our website and advertisements.
5. Google Maps
This site uses Google Map services via an application programming interface („API“). The services are provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
For using these services, it is necessary to record your IP address. This information is generally transferred to Google servers in the US and recorded thereon. We have no influence on this data transfer.
We use the Google Map service API in order to provide you with information on our location and to help you to plan your visit. Thus, the data processing is justified under Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR.
6. Your rights
In case your personal data are processed by us, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
• to withdraw your consent at any time. We may not continue any data processing solely based on such consent withdrawn. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
• to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations, where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period, the existence of the right to request from the us rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing, where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to their source, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
• to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
• to obtain the erasure of personal data without undue delay, unless and to the extent the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by European Union or Member State law to which we are subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
• to obtain restriction of processing where one of the following applies: the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead, we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
• to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
8. Questions regarding data processing on this website
If you have any questions about data processing on our site, please write us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.